Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gordes, Rousillon, Villeneuve-lez-Avignon, Usez

Did a lot of sightseeing these last few days (and saw 2 plays and 1 flamenco show, with another play tonight and at least 4 more this coming week). Here are a few pictures of what we did:
The village of Gordes:


Me in front of Gordes:

The lavender fields at the Abbaye de Senanques:

Back in the day the monks slept on hay on the floor, each had his own square as seen below. Today there are 6 Cistercian monks living there (in real beds) with 6 more coming.

The ocre (sp?) in the hills of Rousillon used in artists' paint:
 More ocre (this pic is sideways)

Wine tasting at the Cave Bonnely - the author Samuel Beckett lived with them during WWII.

My nice glass of rose. The rose here is wonderful, not like the yucky stuff in the U.S.

In a bakery in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon: (little mice)

A rather amusing translation of a French menu, and the actual dish (as in the multicolored balls):


Me in Sommieres where I bought my beautiful sundress

 The building in Uzes that I want to buy and do something with:

Off to a play now!  xoxoxoxoxcxooxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

4 comments:

  1. Dear Laura,

    It all looks so wonderful!!

    Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, when exactly are you in class? This sounds like one lovely, long vacation?

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in class from 9:30 to 12:00 every day, and most of the afternoon is spent reading or doing homework. I have a 5 page paper due in 5 days and I have no clue what I am writing on yet. I have also been sick off and on for the whole time I have been here, so I have a doctor appt tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the sundress :) Korin

    ReplyDelete