Friday, July 15, 2011

French theater, OMG!

OK, so I am not even comfortable telling you about the play I saw 2 nights ago based (loosely) on Hamlet. Suffice it to say it hadlots of nudity, simulated sex with naked people on the stage and in a mud puddle, LOTS of fake blood, and fake poop. Enough said, I don't want to write anything else on the web that will be here forever. The ironic thing is that it was put on in a CLOISTER with a real church next door!!!!! Here are a few pictures of the staging. Between the audience and the white sheet is the mud bath where the naked actors ended up for their scene. Needless to say, I left after 2 hours at the intermission....I decided to spare my sensibilities from the next 2 hours of the show,

 


Here is the courtyard of one of the theaters I have been to. I was in another one today in an abandoned church from the 1500s.

Here is Peter. He reminds me so much of Bart. Even his mannerisms. What do you think?

Here is Mary Ann, our professor who is dancing with her 80'ish husband Ron who is is better shape than most 20 year olds. He works out in the gym every day.

This is the crowd at the official Fete Nationale ball at the main square.

Tomorrow, health holding, I will be canoing under the Pont du Gard. I'll let you know how that goes. Got my big paper done, so my last week here will be stress free!

No comments:

Post a Comment