Thursday, June 30, 2011

Antonin Artaud

Today we discussed Artaud's idea of theater and how it should hit you emotionally - the audience shouldn't analyze dialogue they hear, the actors should use mostly gestes and "sonorations" to elicit a response from the audience......that's about all I got from his readings.....extremely theoretical and very hard to understand.

After that a few of us went out to lunch and then I ran around town picking up the theater tickets I already bought, and my discount pass for the "Off" program (there is the On program, like Broadway, and the Off program, like Off-Broadway). I am now headed out to check out the municipal pool about a 1/2 hour walk from our residence, the but Mistral is still blowing today, so not really good weather for spending time at the pool. It's more of a reconnaissance mission. The weather is supposed to bet back to the "usual" tomorrow, 90 and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment